- Collection of Information
2.1. We collect various information about you. This information includes:
- Information that personally identifies you such as your name, address, email address, and phone number (Personal Information), being:
- personal information provided by you in the process of requesting a quote, when you are setting up a profile on our Website or when requesting or using our services;
- personal information provided by you for any other reason, including inquiries you submit;
iii. personal information obtained from publicly available sources or third parties such as Broadband power providers when we follow up on your engagement with them; and
- information that does not personally identify you (Non-Personal Information), being:
- non-personal information provided by you in the process of requesting Quotes, when setting up a profile on our Website, or when requesting or using our services;
- non-personal information obtained from publicly available sources or third parties such as Broadband providers when we follow up on your engagement with them;
iii. Information collected by us through click tracking about your use of the Website, including the content you upload and the content you access;
- aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the Website; and
v.: ‘Cookies”, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record-keeping (more information about ‘cookies” is provided further below).
2.2. By allowing us to use your information, including Personal Information, we can provide you with the relevant services you require. Failure to provide, or allow us to obtain, information (including Personal Information) may result in certain functions of the Website or our services not being available to you.
- Use of Personal Information
3.1. The Personal Information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- verification of your identity;
- to answer inquiries you submit on the Website;
- to facilitate contact between you and Broadband installer companies for the provision of quotes;
- to help you compare quotes from Broadband installer companies;
- to follow up on your dealings with Broadband installer companies;
- to provide information about other Broadband companies or new products we think you may be interested in;
- to request feedback on our services and services of Broadband installer companies;
- to send you information we think you may reasonably be interested in;
- to assist in providing better services to you by tailoring them to meet your needs;
- to keep the Website relevant and of interest to users;
- to provide further information to you about the Website or other websites we or our related companies (Affiliates) own and services we or our Affiliates provide;
- to promote or market special offers related to our services or Broadband in general, including services provided by others; and
- for any other use that you authorize.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
4.1. We may disclose your Personal Information for the purposes described above. In particular, if you submit a request for a quote through the Website, we will disclose your Personal Information to Netwest Broadband to provide you with a quote.
4.2. When you deal with Netwest Broadband facilitated through our Website, you acknowledge you are subject to the privacy policies of any such company and that we are not responsible for how your information is dealt with by any such company.
4.3: We may also disclose any and all information that we collect from you when we believe release is appropriate to comply with laws or regulations, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others or to satisfy legal processes or governmental requests.
4.4. We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information we collect from unauthorized access, loss, or misuse. However, as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through the Website. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
- Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
5.1. You have rights of access to and correction, erasure, or restriction of your Personal Information that we hold. You may request that we do so by contacting our privacy officer, via email: [email protected] or visit our Contact Us page.
5.2. : No fee is required to exercise the rights outlined above in clause 5.1. However, we may charge a fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive or we may refuse your request.
- Advertising and Links
6.1. Our Website may contain links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
6.2. You acknowledge that we have no control over the privacy policies of other businesses and you agree it is your responsibility to review such privacy policies before submitting any personal details to them.
6.3. The Website is linked to various social networking sites. Your personal information may be accessed and viewed by users of those sites if you submit your information on those sites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for protecting your personal information on these sites.
- Cookies and Tracking
7.1. By accessing the Website, some Non-Personal Information such as your IP address, device, browser, and domain and the date and time of your access may be recorded in a ‘cookie” file.
7.2. We may use the information generated by “cookies” to:
- track traffic patterns to and from the Website including information like the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to);
- ensure advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person and limit the frequency of display for certain advertisement formats;
- enable you to enter our sites and use certain services without having to log on each time and to visit restricted areas of the Website; and
- : identify and maintain certain views and options for user preference.
- Use and Disclosure of Non-Personal Information
- Rights to Information
9.1. The information we hold about you and the related rights we have about that information (as outlined above) are held by Solar Connect Limited. Solar Connect Limited is the controller and is responsible for your Personal Information.
9.2. You acknowledge that we may transfer or license the information (including Personal Information) and related rights to Affiliates or any third party in the process of sale or part sale of the Solar Connect business.
- Further Information
10.1. If you require any further information, or if you have an issue or complaint, please Contact Us via email: [email protected] or visit the Contact us page.
10.2. : You have a right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner. However, we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you approach the Privacy Commissioner.